Gods Will or Mine?

Any student will tell you that finding God will is the like finding a needle in a stack of needles and only being able to use your bare hands, painful and impossible on your own.


A friend recently came to me and I feel like her story is an amazing example of figuring out Gods will. She's an awesome holy girl who's been dreaming of her wedding day ever since she was 5 years old. She has quite literally everything planned out, all she needs is the man and the ring. But, God put the inclinkling in her heart to discern the religious life. She kept thinking, "No! Not me!" and now she's realizing that the issue wasn't her heart saying that the religious life wasn't for her, it was her body. When I say body, I mean her own will, her own stubborn thoughts of what her life should be like. And now! Now she's going to what's called a "Come and See" with the Carmelite Sisters near our school! She's realized that God was just trying to tell her that she would never be completely sure about the way of life she was choosing if she didn't at least look into the other options!

God can work in the loud signs but his favorite is the "still small voice". In my life he loves to tell me how stupid my plans are through other people who love me (also complete strangers at times). This semester I have come under some serious spiritual attack (I'll go into that on another post when I have time) and I've been doubting wether anything I am doing in my life is right. As a person who struggles with depression, calling into doubt everything is somewhat of a regular assurance, but this is different. This is me doubting Gods plan for my life. Luckily however, I have an amazing group of friends and a boyfriend who is always ready to come and see me when I feel like the worlds biggest failure, which happened when I failed a Micro Bio quiz. God answered my prayers through the people around me saying, "You're going to be an amazing nurse! I can't wait till you can take care of my kids!", or even "You guys are perfect for each other, you just fit really well!". Then there's this beautiful note that I found in my lecture notes from the same friend I mentioned earlier!
"But what if it's been months and still I don't know what Gods will is in my life?!" Well, keep praying. I know that's a cruddy answer and probably not the one you want to hear but it's true! Reading the Bible is also a good. I've heard several times that if you want to know God you must read his word so that you learn what his voice sounds like and can recognize it when it comes.
I will be praying for you and hope that you can hear his "still small voice".
God Bless,
Clara

Comments